Sunday, January 6, 2008

Amelie has withdrawn from Sydney

Mauresmo made the following statement:



“It’s very disappointing to me that I won’t be able to compete in the Medibank International this year. Unfortunately I have re-injured my left adductor. I felt it yesterday during my training session and did not practice today. This is an injury that I am familiar with and know that it will not get better overnight. I know that I would not be 100% fit and ready to play on Monday. I have to take a few days to rest in order for it to get better.”



Tournament Director Craig Watson said: “We feel sorry for Amelie and certainly hope that she is fit again soon and that she also recovers physically. Amelie has a strong fan base here in Sydney having won the tournament in 2000 and was a finalist again in 2004.

Get Better Soon Amelie ,Get ready for the AO

1 comment:

Spank said...

Re-edited headline -

"Amelie withdraws due to strained knicker elastic"

:D LOL