Wednesday, January 16, 2008

-- Amelie qualified ... :

-- Amelie qualified ... :
16/01/2008

The 18th seed of the Australian Open, Amelie has qualified tonight against Shvedova (6-4 7-6).

After a solid first set, Amelie delivering a small recital in the second round and led quickly 5 to 1 before serving twice for the match. The old demons reappearing then at the worst time and the Russian rushing into the breach by reeling off the next five games. Amelie had to play tight on putting it into play, what she managed to do, before moving decisive game, and let her experience speak for itself finally. Amelie (at the meeting): "I was very tense at the time. I think that the lack of confidence and matches in recent months has also played in my favour. In any case, these are not my adductor problem for me because I did not even think once during the game, I am truly 100% of my physical. " In the next round, Amelie avoids the frontal impact with the Swiss Patty Schnyder defeated by Australian Casey Dellacqua. She will, however, be wary of her, necessarily favorite of the local audience.

No comments: