Sunday, December 16, 2007

"I am ready for 2008!"

Amelie flies next Thursday, steering Australia to start her 2008 season.

- Amélie, how do you feel now, after more than 6 weeks of intensive drives and on the eve of leaving for Australia?
I feel really good, I made a very intense preparation without having to change or modify what we had planned with my team. It now remains for me to play a maximum number of points to get on my first match with all my cues from Thursday.

- What will be your program on the spot as soon as you arrive?

As always after a long trip, I will have to adapt as quickly as possible the conditions on the ground. I know it will be very hot but I come early enough so that everything is set up day after day. I shall play my first game undoubtedly the 31 and before that there will be other players to matches and Fitness.

- You go to Australia with great hope and enthusiasm, can you give us the goals that you have set for the year 2008?
What counts for me is to first find the faster my best level tennis. I know that I am very well prepared, which I am really at my best physically, I need the victories chain to be in great confidence and be able to reach my goals for 2008. In season there are important deadlines for me, the Grand Slam tournaments, open GDF always so special for me and of course the Olympics.

- You spent a lot of time at home in Geneva in recent weeks, apart from your drives, as you did when you? Have you had time to do your Christmas shopping?
It's true that I was able to spend time at home more than in previous years because this year we do not prepare ourselves gone on mountains and it also felt good to return in the evening at home rather than in a room hotel. I have not done much for this time period at the end of the day I rather want to be early dinner at the apartment or at Guy (Forget) with my team and some friends.

- A message for your fans?
This year, I will start very early in Australia since I will take the plane Thursday, Dec. 20. Before leaving, I want to wish you a very Happy Holiday and above all my best wishes for 2008 and also thank you for your support and your m

No comments: