Friday, February 29, 2008

Kuznetsova: "Amélie is on the right track"

Prior to facing Amelie Mauresmo in the quarter-finals, Svetlana Kuznetsova had agreed to comment on the period of crisis that now her best friend on the circuit. "Amelie is a great friend, someone for whom I have great respect. She is an inspiration to me and that am sorry to see her going through a period sale for several months. After her defeat last week in Doha, it was really bad. We talked a lot and I told her she had to forget very quickly lost this match against Tanasugarn. Then, I had proposed to play some doubles with me here in Dubai, Indian Wells and perhaps also in Miami. I think it makes it good to be on the court with someone to talk to during the game, with whom joke and relax too.

The transition to empty she is experiencing at the moment is all the more difficult it is to live at the end of their careers. Under these conditions, it probably increasingly. But I know Amélie, she has character, and if she said that the time for retirement has not yet come, she will make every effort to return to her level. She is in excellent physical condition, she may no longer sufficient as positive."

Yesterday, at the end of the match, the Russian added: "If Amélie continues to play as she did in the second set, that I'm not worried for her. When she attacked and took the net, she's not easy to pass. Frankly, after such a match, I told myself that she is on the right track."

No comments: