Sunday, October 19, 2008

Amélie blogs from Luxembourg!

LUXEMBOURG, Luxembourg - There aren't many firsts left for Amélie Mauresmo. Two Grand Slam titles, the No.1 ranking, the admiration of a nation. But one thing she hasn't done yet is the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Player Blog - until now. Come along to Luxembourg as the Frenchwoman blogs from the FORTIS Championships Luxembourg.
-----

Sunday, October 19, 2008
Hello everyone! Hopefully you'll all enjoy reading along with my blog this week

I'm happy to be back in Luxembourg again. It has been years since I played this tournament. The tournament director has been asking me every year if I'll play it, so it makes me feel really welcome here now that I've finally been able to fit it into my fall tennis schedule. It's a nice reward for their patience, too.

From my home in Geneva I went to Zürich last week, and yesterday we came here to Luxembourg. I had a good week of practice in Zürich. I knew it would be difficult to get court time if I came to Luxembourg earlier, because a lot of the players in qualifying would need to practice, so I just stayed in Zürich. We had a chance to go into the city a little bit too - the old city of Zürich - and it was great. I did some shopping with my friend Alexia. I left Zürich at about 1pm on Saturday and I actually drove here - it's not too far, as I got to the hotel around 4:30pm.

Luxembourg is a really nice place! There's great treatment from the hotel, the people are really nice and they speak French here, which makes it feel just like home My friend Pauline Parmentier, who is also playing here, arrived last night with her coach, so we all went out to an Italian restaurant for dinner last night, and just discovered some of the city. I think lots of the players are happy when they find Italian restaurants in every city on the Tour... it's one of my routines!

My mom is also here this week. She doesn't come to my tournaments too often, which makes this week pretty special. She'll be able to enjoy the city this week and even watch some tennis. I'm looking forward to spending time with her.

We waited all day to hit on Centre Court here and I just came from there. It was a good practice and now I'm about to do some stretching and get a massage, then probably dinner. I'm not sure if we're going to go out for dinner because it's freezing here, but if we do I really hope we aren't going to walk too far!

I think I'm playing my first match on Wednesday, which will be good, because I still feel a little stiff from travelling and it gives me a few days to get used to the courts. It will also give me a good opportunity to catch up with all of you on everything, so I'm looking forward to the next few days of blogging, as well as answering the questions I hope you'll send in!

Until tomorrow,
Amélie

No comments: