Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Amélie blogs from Luxembourg!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It has become quite a late night for me! It actually began as a long waiting day, as I played the night match. So during the day I spent a lot of time on the internet, mostly on eBay looking for wine (of course!)

I'm happy to have won my first match of the week, although something funny happened during the first set... I had parked my car outside the entrance to the building, and in the first set I heard a car alarm going off, but since I was playing I couldn't really go out and check. The alarm ended up stopping. It kind of distracted me during the match, because I didn't know if it was my car or not... And I'm sorry to say I actually don't have an ending to this story, because I still don't know! I'll never get the answer now. It'll always be a mystery...

After the match I did my press, came back to the hotel around 9:30pm, got some dinner and just had a massage a little while ago. It's about midnight now and I'm actually in bed. I'm on the verge of falling asleep... but I'm going to answer some of your questions first! Thanks again for sending me so many of them.

Until tomorrow!

Amélie

What do you suggest as must see for someone visiting Paris? - Lynne
There's lots to see! As for restaurants, there's one with a great view of the Eiffel Tower called Café de l'Homme, which is on Place du Trocadero. With the lights of the Eiffel Tower going on every hour, it is a beautiful view when you're outside having dinner. The food and the service are good too. For other places to see... I really like the Bois de Boulogne, which is the famous park next to Roland Garros. It has beautiful scenery and I go running there during Roland Garros. Of course there's a lot to recommend in Paris, but those are two of my favorite places.

What do you think of wines from outside of France? - Dora, Australia

Apart from French wine, I would say I know the most about Italian and Spanish wine. And I do like Italian a lot. I don't know too much about American wine, although I've tasted some, and they are pretty interesting. I know that South African, Chilean and other South American wines are supposed to be good but I haven't tried them - I just know their reputations. Australian wine is a little bit strong for me... There are still a lot of wines I have yet to try!

No comments: