Thursday, October 23, 2008

Amélie blogs from Luxembourg!



Thursday, October 23, 2008


I did win my match today, but I'm sorry to say my day started pretty badly. I called my two dogs this morning and they wouldn't talk to me! I was a little bit upset. Here I am, desperate to talk to them, and they wouldn't even pick up the phone. It was really difficult for me. On a happy note, I later found out they're running out of credit on their mobiles, so I'm hoping that was the reason they didn't pick up! I'll have to get them some more when I'm back. I've attached a picture of what they were doing when I was calling them.

The rest of my day was definitely good. I was a little up and down in my first match of the week yesterday, but today I was consistent throughout both sets against Groenefeld. She has been in great form the last few months so I'm happy to have won in two sets. I was very focused and played well tactically.

After the match, the tournament gave me a bottle of wine - this blog is working well for me now, because I was saying how much I liked Bordeaux wine and now they got me some! Maybe I should start saying how much I like Ferraris...

Right now I'm going to have a massage and then we'll go to dinner. I don't have anything else planned for tonight. Tomorrow will be a good test for me. Elena has been playing well all year and it'll be a good opportunity for me to see where my game's at. Now I'll respond to some of your questions then continue with my day :)

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Amélie

What's the funniest thing your dogs have ever done? - Moira
When you see how they are, they're actually not really funny! For those of you who don't know, I have two Golden Retrievers - a mother and her son. They're very well behaved, but I can remember one time when the little one caused some trouble... I was making my dinner and left some foie gras - which is sort of an appetizer in France, spread on bread and eaten with some sweet white wine - on the counter. I left for 20 seconds and when I came back, the little one was on the counter and the food was nowhere to be seen. He ate it! But that was the only thing I can think of. He never did it again (probably because I was angry at him, after laughing a little bit of course!)

Which retired player do you miss playing the most? - David

Kim. We always had unbelievable matches. It was always a high level of tennis, probably because our games matched up really well. Kim had such a great spirit too, on and off the court. She was a great player and great person.

What's your plan for winter? - Mate
That's a good question - I actually have a very exciting trip booked next week! I'm leaving for New York. I have a friend who is running the November 2nd marathon there. My friend Alexia is coming with me, and we're going to support him in the race. We're also going to run the last 10km with him. It's going to be interesting seeing New York outside the US Open, which is usually the only time I ever go... I hear it's an amazing time around the marathon, so I'm excited about it. We'll probably stay for a week. We'll leave after we find out the results of their elections. I'm not really into politics, it'll just be interesting to see what happens.

What would be the perfect day for you? - Barbara, Germany
I would definitely start by sleeping in a little late. I'd still go for exercise, maybe running with the dogs or something... I'd spend the afternoon on the beach and hang out with friends in the late afternoon or evening, with a nice dinner and a good bottle of wine. I would enjoy just hanging out with them, maybe going to the theater... It feels like we're running around really busy the rest of the year, so the perfect day for me would have to be relaxing, most importantly.

No comments: